OFF GRID FARMING ,non GMO , no spray & storage methods

Home Forums American – Canadian Patriots OFF GRID FARMING ,non GMO , no spray & storage methods

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rpwzxc
      Participant

July 31, “Saturday” , the day of rest.keep it holy, 4th commandment. 15,000 sq ft,off grid garden. There are about 50% of the 225 rattlesanake beans plants left ( rodents, voles , moles ,gophers),crop looking good,could use some weeding (mainly thistles),but not on the lords day of rest, the 1200 beets are getting big enough to eat now.(rodents have taken out about 30%). the 1500 broccoli all bolted a month ago (left them to flower for the bees and seed)because of the 120’farinheit (50 celcius) temp we had for 3 weeks up here in the mountains , but the replanting is showing promise the 1000 corn plants are starting to produce and the 203 potato hills are just finishing flowering, it seems like rodents don’t like broc, corn and potato as much.Peppers are producing, peas are just givin ‘er , carrots doing great except the rodents got about 40%, but with non poisonous farming you have to expect large losses,and plant a lot of extra. Kale = good, cabbages getting huge as long as i keep hand squashing the cabbage caterpillers(not too many this year), 21 tomato plants will be going red soon, parsnips, not as many as expected, the seed I made last year got too hot and only 50% popped, “better than nothing” 30 cucumber plants putting out great. picking zucchinis at 18″ and the onion beds and garlic are almost ready to harvest, I stagger planted some of the crops for continous harvest into late september. but the lettuce,spinach and radishes are done, next step will be finding hungry people and making next years seed. farming alone at 64 sure keeps you feeling 40, It’s gotta be our CREATOR YAHUVAH’s gifts like our SAVIOUR YAHUSHUAH,the HOLY SPIRIT the RUACH HA CHODESH and HIS good food and deep spring water.////Rick, off grid polak 29 yrs on blizzard mountain ,just above the 49th parallel in B.C.A proud son of our Eternal Living GOD.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by rpwzxc. Reason: add a word
      CanadianFighter
      Participant

You sound like quite the farmer, when the vermin are not getting your produce. However, watch out for your tomatoes when they get ripe, apparently the pheasants like those.
      Had to look up blizzard mountain, had never heard of it. I am northwest of there, in the North Smokanagan. Lord please send rain, this stuff is smothering us.

rpwzxc
      Participant

blizzard mtn 4092′ elev. = just a couple miles NW of the waneta nelway border crossing 49′,05777N -117′.55583W, My 41 acre is 40’06N – 117’52W… @2400′ we are getting a bit of smoke from the Salmo fires when wind blows down from E-NE but usually clears at the 2400′ elevation lots of griz & cougars but my 4 wolves keep ’em at bay./// rick

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.